Saturday July 20th, 2019Summer-Swimmers-Meet-at-Walter-Pool-in-Dorval
Hey Elm Park!
The third week of the summer is already coming up and it is a busy one! Here are the events for this week:
- This is a great week for our 8 & under kids and their friends. Firstly, the excitement begins tomorrow, Sunday July 14th from 14:00 to 15:30 with an 8 & under fun swim meet.
This is a chance for your little ones to have a blast in the water with all their friends. Everyone is welcome to join in. Elm leaders will be assisting lifeguards with those little tykes who need additional support in the water or who don’t swim alone yet but still want to participate! This event is free of charge so come make a SPLASH and have fun!
- Secondly, get your PJs, teddy bears and pillowcases ready for our Teddy Bear Dance this Thursday July 18th at 18:00 to 19:30 pm. All children eight years and younger are welcome!
- Trivia Night, which had to be moved due to poor weather, will now be taking place on Saturday, July 20th at 6:30pm. Come test your knowledge! At the same time, for the kids, we will be a hosting a supervised movie night in the Chalet by the pool, where we will show a “G” rated film. The cost is $5 to cover snacks during the movie.
- Our annual swim-a-thon will take place Sunday July 21st from 3:00 to 5:00pm. This will be followed by a family barbecue and potluck, so make sure to stay hungry!
- A reminder that the VinnyFitness bootcamp will be held on Monday’s from 1:15-2. All are welcome for an amazing and challenging workout! If you would like to participate or have any questions, please see Olivia at the pool!
- Congratulations to all of our swimmers for their effort against Westminster. Even though we did not win, it was a close duel, the final score was 498 for Elm and 501 for WES. Team spirit is something that we can say we won for this swim meet!
- Our next meet, on Wednesday July 17th, will be against Fairview and will be taking place at Elm! As always, please be there at 5:15pm.
- Lastly, the Summer Swimmer’s Meet is on Saturday July 20th at Walters pool in Dorval. This swim meet is to encourage participation of all swimmers who have not competitively swam in a winter swim team program for at least two years! Please arrive around 7:30 am for warmup and please confirm your attendance with your coaches. This is important please, as we count on your participation! The coaches will confirm the time closer to the event!
- This week, the U12 and boys’ teams will be playing at Elm Park against Surrey on Tuesday, July 16th. Warm up for the first game begins at 5:30pm.
- Meanwhile, on Friday, July 19th, the girls’ teams will be playing at Elm against Glenmore. As usual, warm up for the first game will be at 5:30pm.
- Great job to all of our divers for their amazing performance last week, on winning their second diving meet against Balantyne!
- Due to the weather, the third diving meet was postponed and will be held at Glenmore Monday July 15th at 4:00 pm. Please see the diving coaches, Chloe and Francis, for more information!
- You’ve seen most of these leaders around the pool, mostly asking if you are a member or wearing their custom-made tie dye shirts. To reward these amazing kids, Leaders Night will be held Saturday July 20th at 9pm!
- Please note that there will be a Leaders Bake Sale at the swim meet on Wednesday as well as a hot dog lunch on Thursday during Fun Day! I hope you are all hungry!
Hello water polo parents!
A quick reminder that this weekend is the annual 12 & under water polo tournament at Forest Village Pool (457 Rue Spring Garden, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC H9B 1T2). Games will take place Saturday and Sunday throughout the mornings and afternoons. Please let either Xavier or Ethan know if your child is interested in playing or you have any questions. We encourage everyone to participate (experienced or not) and hope to see you all there!
Elm Park Staff