Hey Elm Park!
Congratulations to all swimmers who competed at Big Meet, it was a definite win regardless of the one-point difference. You were all AMAZING including all you swimmers who competed throughout the summer! You should be very proud of your accomplishments because you all improved and had so much drive and spirit!
The season is not over yet however, this week is the final week of our regular season schedule, and it’s a busy one!
On Tuesday, August 13th, we have the first round of the water polo playoffs at Elm. Due to the games starting as of 12:00, there will be no swim team Fun Day, and only part of the shallow end and baby end will be available for free swim that day.
On Wednesday, August 14th, we have the senior synchro finals at Valleycrest. Warm-up is at 3:00 and the competition is at 4:00.
On Thursday, August 15th, we have our diving finals at Fairview. Warm up will begin at 3:30 and the competition will begin at 4:00. See Chloe and Francis for additional details.
Also on Thursday is the Aquafit Pot luck lunch that will take place after Aquafit at 11:30. Come share your homemade goodies :o)
On Saturday and Sunday, water polo finals will take place at Valleycrest. See your coaches (Xavier, Ethan, and Matthew) for further details about the schedule that is posted on the NAA website.
Also on Saturday, August17thwill be our annual corn roast family fun day followed by our potluck dinner! Bring your family, friends, and yummy food! We will prepare the corn. Festivities will begin at 3:00pm.
Good luck to our young athletes this week!
Elm Park Staff
Hello Elm Park!
- Thank you to all the families that contributed to Feed the Lifeguards Week. The food was absolutely amazing and greatly appreciated. Don’t forget to stop by and pick up your Tupperware!
- This Saturday August 10th we will have our annual Lip Synch and Swim Team Sleepover. Lip Synch will begin at 7pm. Come show us your amazing skills as well as support the lifeguards’ lip synch! The Swim Team Sleepover will begin at 9 pm. Please contact Olivia for more information.
- With Big Meet this Saturday, August 10th, the pool will open at 1 pm instead of 11 am that day. We apologize for any inconvenience!
- Since Awards Night is fast approaching on Friday August 23rd, we ask that anyone who won a big trophy last year please return it this week before Friday August 9th, so that they may be prepared in time for this year’s ceremony.
- On Monday, Elm will be hosting our annual pizza dinner to recognize all our swimmers amazing accomplishments at Time Trials. The dinner will begin at 6 pm; please come join the Swim Team coaches for a wonderful celebration!
- Big Meet 2019 will be hosted by Glenmore this coming Saturday. Come out and support Elm Park by wearing purple and bringing your spirit! Warmup will be announced later on this week.
- On Thursday, the Diving Team will have their final dual meet at 5:30 PM versus Thorndale at Elm Park. Good luck to all divers!
- The girls’ teams (U14 and U16) will be playing their playoff games (between noon and 8:30 PM) at Ecclestone this Tuesday. More information about the schedule will come out later this week. Please talk to Xavier if you have any further questions.
- Elm Park will be hosting the Pre-Junior Synchro Competition this Wednesday. Warm-up begins at 4:00 PM. Come cheer on the duet and team! The girls have been working the whole summer on these routines.
- Since Elm is hosting, we will be closing the pool at 2 pm in order to set up for the event, however you are welcome to swim at Fairview pool during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
There are many reasons to be excited for another awesome week at the pool!
Elm Park Staff