Hey Elm Park!
Congratulations to all swimmers who competed at Big Meet as well as to all swimmers who competed throughout the summer! Saturday capped off another great summer of competitive swimming at Elm Park, but the season is not over yet!
Note swim team practices are at the same time as usual this week however lots of fun is in store, more details to follow!!
– Today, Monday August 13th is the Junior Synchro Finals competition at Westpark. If you are competing, please be at Elm by 1:00 for hair and makeup. Warm up is at 3:00 and the competition will begin at 4:00.
– Tuesday August 14th, the 14&under boys will be continuing their playoff game at Westminster pool. The game will begin at 4:00. The 16& under boys will then play at 5:40. If they win and advance, the next games will be Saturday August 18th at Ecclestone pool.
– Wednesday August 15th will be the Senior Synchro Finals at Thorndale. Participants, please be at Elm for 1:00 for hair and makeup and warmup will begin at 3:00 at Thorndale. The competition will begin at 4:00.
– Thursday August 16th is Diving Finals at Elm. Note: The pool will be closed from 15:15 to 20:00, until the competition ends. Thursday, warm up will begin at 3:30 and the competition will begin at 4:00. Good job to all of ELM divers who competed at “Sections”!
Also on Thursday is the Aquafit Pot luck lunch that will take place after Aquafit at 11:30. Come share your homemade goodies :o)
– This Saturday August 18th is our annual family Corn Roast and festivities begin at 3:00 PM. Bring your family, friends and yummy food! We will prepare the corn. The guards (both girls and boys!) will also be demonstrating prepared synchro routines, above and beyond our ELM synchro show. There will also be water polo pick up games for anyone who would like to play.
– On Sunday August 19th from 15h00 to Monday the 20th at 14h00 a special “camp” outing has been planned for those ELM leaders who merit the privilege. More info will follow at the Leaders meeting Tuesday. Please save the dates.
– Lastly, it’s time to recognize the hard work that Elm coaches & instructors have been doing all summer as well as Elm’s Yoga instructor Isabel. Like last year, a monetary contribution towards the lifeguard’s end of season dinner, is very much appreciated by all the guards. A contribution of $20 per family for lifeguards is suggested but is at each person’s discretion. Two separate cards will be circulating to sign, one for the guards and for Isabel. Please see Anne Hebert or Maria Pace as of Tuesday August 14th. The gift will be presented to all before August 25th.
The ELM PARK Team