Hope you enjoyed the beautiful fall season.
Time is flying by so please take note of the following few reminders for the month of November and December 2019:
Sunday November 17th: The AGM will be held from 13:00 to 15:00 at the Elm Park Chalet. Please join us and let us know if you would like to help us out in any capacity by Friday November 8th (at email@example.com). This includes the Executive committee positions and other responsibilities. Here they are included below:
- President, Previous Executive committee experience (minimum 2 years) is recommended.
- VP, at least one-year experience on the Executive committee is recommended.
- Treasurer, having a CMA, CGA, CA is a strong asset.
- Secretary, being organized, a good note taker and having the ability to keep people on track is helpful.
Other volunteer positions also include:
- Membership: This is an important role that deals with all membership requests and questions. May & June are the busiest times for this position.
- Staff Liaison: This is a critical role whereby HR experience is an asset. Dealing as the contact person between both the staff and the Executive Committee. Keeping the latter well informed of everything going on. This role is busy from May through to September.
- Maintenance: Handy people, please step-up (gardeners, painters, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Required as needed. Busiest time is during the months of May and October.
- Sponsorship Lead: Most work is done between Jan and March to find as many sponsors for ELM as possible.
- Meet Manager, working closely with Head of Swim Team during months of July and August.
- Oasis Lead, working closely with the Summit Students and Staff in charge of Leaders for the months of June through August.
- Communication Web Site & Social Media, being bilingual is helpful but not a necessity. Labors and collaborates closely with the Manager of the pool. Works sporadically during the Spring / Winter / Fall seasons and regularly from June to end of August to proof read and ensure Splash News is posted on a weekly basis.
- Internet / Web page design: working closely with the Pool Manager and the Communications Web Site & Social Media lead. Being Bilingual is helpful but not a necessity. Works sporadically during Spring, Winter & Fall to keep website up to date, and regularly from June to end of August to post all Sponsors, schedules and calendars, as well as Splash News on a weekly basis.
- Social Events: Responsible for all special events taking place at the pool. This includes renting pool space for birthday parties, club and corporate events. Will work closely with the Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisors of the pool.
4) Sunday Dec 1st: Breakfast with Santa 9:00 to 11:30 AM at the ELM Chalet. Save the date! Everyone is welcome from ELM, DDO and the public. A separate invitation will be sent out later.
Hope to see you all soon at the AGM. Have a great week!
The Executive Committee